A.Q.L meaning Acceptable Quality Level (AQL). Some of the use A.Q.L meaning Acceptable Quality Limit. There are many types of A.Q.L systems followed in the apparel garments industry.
A sampling of quality audit or inspection system, use for quality audit or inspection process in Garments industry. AQL sampling information shows in an AQL chart, QC use for Quality Audit when 100% quality inspection is not possible. AQL inspection use in Fabric inspection or Fabrics roll sampling, trims inspection, cutting panel inspection, Sewing, Finishing, and Final Inspection.
Though there is 100% inspection also available in sewing and finishing AQL audit is done for checking the quality control process. There is various type of AQL sampling plan in the world, I have given most commonly using 3 types AQL chart.
Uses of Acceptable Quality Level or A.Q.L. Chart in the apparel Garments Industry
- In-house or incoming fabrics roll sampling for inspection.
- In-house or incoming trims and accessories inspection.
- After fabric Cutting cut panel inspection time.
- Sewing section end table Quality inspection time.
- Sewing section quality auditor sampling inspection time.
- GPQ sewing inline sampling inspection time.
- Finishing Quality section packing inspection time.
- Finishing quality inline inspection time.
- GPQ Pre-final Inspection time.
- Final inspection time.
How many types of A.Q.L systems followed in the apparel garments industry?
There are a total number of six types of AQL systems followed in the apparel garment industry. Note below for a better understanding
Acceptable Quality Level or A.Q.L chart for quality inspection
AQL chart for quality inspection followed in the apparel garments industry in every section. Buyers submit huge order quantity orders in the garments apparel industry. Large order quantity not possible pcs to pcs inspection. So every apparel garment industry follows the A.Q.L system. AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) chart needs in the Garments industry to do the quality inspection, lot by lot AQL Audit or inspection. AQL chart systems are like 1.0, 1.5, 2.5, and 4.0.
Noted bellow A.Q.L (Acceptable Quality Level) chart…
|A.Q.L (Acceptable Quality Level) flow chart|
|* If 1.5 Major then 2.5 consider to Minor|
|* If 2.5 Major then 4.00 consider to Minor|
How can I understand Acceptable Quality Level or A.Q.L chart
- Trims and Accessories learn inspection procedure now 2021
- Garments and textile abbreviation list 2021 for Garments Study
- What is GPQ? GPQ meaning in garments sector now update 2021
Above the AQL chart, for example, if the lot size 50000 then the inspection sample quantity will be 500 pcs. If inspection time finds any major defects quantity among inspection quantity 14 or less than 14 will be passed or more than 14 defects will be failed or rejected in the inspection.
If inspection time finds any minor defects quantity among inspection quantity 21 or less than 21 will be passed or more than 21 defects will be failed or rejected in the inspection. If inspection time finds major or minor both defects accept quantity will be passed if will be failed to accept defect quantity above. If Inspection time finds any critical defect inspection result will be failed.
- 1. Suppose we follow AQL 2.5. As per the above AQL chart, if the lot size 4000 then the audit quantity will be 80 pcs major defects quantity among audit quantity 10 pcs or less than 10 pcs will be passed or more than 5 defects will be failed or rejected in Audit.
- 2. Suppose we follow AQL 2.5. As per the above AQL chart, if the lot size 4000 then the audit quantity will be 80 pcs major defects quantity among audit quantity 10 pcs or less than 10 pcs will be passed or more than 5 defects will be failed or rejected in Audit.
As per the above AQL chart, if the lot size 4000 then the audit quantity will be 80 pcs. Major defects quantity among audit quantity 5 or less than 5 will be passed or more than 5 defects will be failed or rejected in Audit.
Why we need AQL Audit
When you want to check quality inspected goods or you do not have time to check 100% of goods you can do an AQL audit. The final inspection is done in AQL Audit; factories have an internal AQL audit system. To check supplier’s fabrics and trim quality, you need an AQL audit in suppliers Raw materials. Sewing end line and operator bundle wise AQL audit also done in the apparel industry.
What is AQL in the Garments Indrustry?
The term AQL stands for u003ca href=u0022https://www.fibre2fashion.com/industry-article/7133/accepted-quality-level-in-apparel-industryu0022 target=u0022_blanku0022 data-type=u0022URLu0022 data-id=u0022https://www.fibre2fashion.com/industry-article/7133/accepted-quality-level-in-apparel-industryu0022 rel=u0022noreferrer noopener nofollowu0022u003eacceptable quality levelu003c/au003e or acceptance quality level. It is one of the most used terms in the readymade garments industry when it comes to considering the quality. It should be noted here that, most of the acceptance decisions of garment export order shipments are made based on AQL-based sampling plans. To ensure the right quality products, an AQL chart has to follow during an inspection of apparel which varies from product to product, process to process, and even buyer to buyer. Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) has great importance in the ready-made apparel business.
If this article help to you so please share this one with your friends.