Trims and Accessories Inspection Procedure should be done properly in the garment industry to achieve the required quality products.
If you are an employee in the apparel industry or garments sector, must be knowledge remain of trims and accessories that use in the garments industry. Hope this article full cover and grow knowledge of in garments section Trims and Accessories inspection procedure.
Trims and Accessories Inspection Procedure in the garment industry
To establish a strong and smooth flow process for Trims and Accessories inspection to ensure Buyer/Customer Quality standards are met.
This policy is applicable to all persons in charge responsible to implement the procedure in the workstation in any readymade garment industry or apparel sector.
SOP for Trims and Accessories (Lace) inspection procedures
The main purpose of this inspection is to assure the quality of the received Lace before Supplying it to the cutting or sewing section. To do the inspection we select 10% quantity out of order total qty. randomly, if 10% inspection is failed we go to 20% inspection and if 20% is failing, we communicate with our concern Merchandiser as well as Supplier. Based on Merchandiser confirmation, we release the lace & go for 100% panel inspection. Or we go for 20% and 100% lace inspection if necessary. But for the Acceptable level for Lace, we are following FOUR POINT SYSTEM.
4 Point System:
|Length of Defect||Penalty Point|
|Less than 3″||1|
|Over 3″ but less than 6″||2|
|Over 6″ but less than 9″||3|
Total Penalty Point × 100
Linear Formula:- ————————————- = Result
Lace Length (Inspected)
Acceptance Level is
- Only Major defects are considered. Such as Hole, Yarn Contamination.
- Dye/Coating Spot, Stain/ Dirty Spot, Shading, Crease, Streak, Stop Mark, Shade Bar, etc.
- Holes all wage 4 points.
- All lace is to be inspected on the face side for defects.
- The defect must be measured lengthwise.
- Maximum penalty points per linear yard are 4.
- Acceptance level up to 40-points per 100 linear yards.
- Above 40 points per 100 linear yards, the lot will be rejected.
- Length shortage 0.50% is exceeded then the length will fail.
- The defect must be marked by an arrow sticker.
- Lace length, Width, roll no. defect & other information must be recorded properly.
- The passed roll is marked by a green tag.
- The reject roll is marked by a red tag.
SOP for trims and accessories (elastic, wire casing & ribbon)
Elastic, Wire casing, Ribbon, Etc. Inspection:
The main purpose of this inspection is to assure the quality of received materials before supplying them in the sewing section. To do the inspection we select 10% ctn. randomly if 10% is failing, we go to 20%, and if 20% is failing then we communicate with our concerned Merchandiser as well as Supplier. Based on Merchandiser confirmation, we release the materials & go for 100% inspection. Or we go for 20% and 100% materials inspection if necessary. But, 15t inspection (10%) materials rejection below 1.5% we pass the lot.
Collect approved swatch & match against received Elastic. Check Width, running shade, Spot, curve, Elasticity, Construction fault, Picot reveres, etc.
Wire casing Inspection:
Collect approved swatch & match against received Wire casing. Check Width, running shade, Spot, Construction fault, etc.
Collect approved swatch & match against the received ribbon. Check Width, running shade, Spot, Construction fault, etc.
Standard Operating Procedures
- We check 10% quantity if fail, we go to 20% and if 20% is failing then go to 100% inspection.
- Make defect swatch.
- Make Quality Report.
- Make Quantity Report (if necessary).
- Defect Swatch Signature with Quality Officer and Quality Manager then send to Merchandiser. Merchandisers arrange to Replenish if need.
- One joint allows within 50 meters.
- One defect count 0.25 meters for elastic/ribbon/wire casing.
SOP For Accessories/Trims Inspection: Countable
The main purpose of this inspection is to assure the quality of received materials before supplying them to Sewing. To do the inspection we follow AQL- 1.5(Level-11) of our received goods. We are checking the below materials:
- Ring & Slider
- Hook & Eye
- Cup wire
- All packing trims
Trims and Accessories Checkpoint:
Check all materials against approval trims card and follow below check point:
Collect label layout or CMS sheet to match the Size, Composition, Care instruction, country of origin, Color, Check Letter problem, Barcode number, UPC number, Stroke number, Department number, Series number, Supplier code number, Date code number, etc.
Bow: Check construction, Width, spot, shade, Open etc.
Ring & slider: Check width, spot, shade, etc.
Hook & Eye: Check measurement, color, Hook to Eyeshade, Spot, Open, etc.
Stone: Check Broken, Placement problem, shading, etc.
Logo: Check buyer name, style order, color, measurement, Broken, spot, missing, shading, etc.
Cup wire: Collect a size-wise wire chart then match the received cup wire. Should be following reference number or article number (if necessary)
Foam Cup: Collect a size-wise Foam cup chart then match the received foam cup. Check measurement, color, pair to pair shade, Spot, broken, etc. Should be following reference number or article number (if necessary)
All packing trims: Packing trims are check as per approval standard.
- We check AQL- 1.5(Level-11) system-wise. If pass we make the pass report, if fail we go to check 100%.
- Make defect swatch.
- Make Quality Report.
- Make Quantity Report if necessary.
- Defect Swatch Signature with Quality Officer and Quality Manager & send to concerned Merchandiser. Merchandisers will arrange the Replenishment.